You see it every day. Online scams, identity theft, you’ve heard it all. At Tampa Bay Federal we value your personal security, but we want to help you with some tips to reduce the chance of fraudulent transactions from your accounts:
- NEVER give out your personal PIN number
- Always cover when inputting your PIN, card number, or other sensitive personal information
- Always keep your card in sight when doing a transaction
- Keep us informed of your correct phone number so we may reach you if needed
If we suspect fraudulent ATM of debit card use, we will call you to validate your transactions. This is why we need an updated contact number. You may want to consider providing us with your cell phone number to make sure we reach you at all times.
Update your information in Online Banking; just click on the User Options tab.
Safety doesn’t happen by accident. Avoid any risks by following some simple tips:
- Be alert for any suspicious persons or circumstances when approaching an ATM or Night Depository. Should you observe or otherwise feel uneasy or uncomfortable with your surroundings, use a different ATM. Report the suspicious circumstances to the authorities.
- Be prepared to transact business with transaction documents (i.e., deposit ticket) ready in advance.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Do not write your PIN on the card or leave your PIN in your wallet or purse. Protect the secrecy of your PIN. Do not lend your card and PIN to someone else. Do not leave your card in/at the ATM.
- Keep your card in a safe place. Treat your card as you would cash. Report a lost or stolen card to us at once by calling (813) 247-4414.
- Prevent others from seeing you entering your PIN. Shield the transaction area with your body or hand.
- Mark each transaction in your account register. Keep your receipts and compare them against your account statements.
- Be aware of con games. If anyone asks you to withdraw money for any reason, leave the area and contact the proper authorities.
- Upon completing your transaction, retrieve your card and receipt, and leave the area at once. Do not count or otherwise visually expose any money received from the ATM.
- Continue to observe your surroundings for any suspicious persons or circumstances such as anyone following or approaching you.
- Always maintain a safe distance between you and any stranger. If you believe that you are being followed, you should go to the nearest place where there are people and contact law enforcement authorities.