TBF in a nutshell.
Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union was chartered on May 23, 1935. Originally known as Tampa City Employees Credit Union, it was organized by 13 City of Tampa workers.
The Credit Union’s legend says that for many months during its inception, the assets were stored in a Hav-A-Tampa cigar box. The first year’s assets were almost $400, which was a fortune in that era!
Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union's purpose is to Serve Members' Changing Financial Needs…with Pleasure. As we journey into the 21st Century, thismeans that we must be willing and able to provide a fulfilling experience for everyone who comes into contact with our organization, including Customers, Members, Volunteers, Associates and Partners, Regulators, and the Community at Large.
We believe these factors, when articulated in detail and achieved, will indeed make Tampa Bay Federal the Standard of Excellence among financial service providers.
Pledge To Our Members
Tampa Bay Federal Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative.
Our commitment to the membership is to:
- Preserve the financial strength and integrity of the Credit Union;
- Provide a comprehensive selection of financial services which meet your needs;
- Consistently deliver prompt, accurate, friendly service;
- Ensure your understanding of various financial alternatives; and
- Maintain an environment that will attract and retain both highly motivated employees to serve you, as well as dedicated volunteers to represent your "ownership" interest.