We want you to be safe at all times. Here are some tips for using ATMs.
Remember, there is safety in numbers. Whenever possible, have another person accompany you.
1. Be alert for any suspicious persons or circumstances when approaching an ATM or Night Depository. Should you observe or otherwise feel uneasy or uncomfortable with your surroundings, use a different ATM. Report the suspicious circumstances to the authorities.
2. Be prepared to transact business with transaction documents (i.e., deposit ticket) ready in advance.
3. Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Do not write your PIN on the Card or leave your PIN in your wallet or purse. Protect the secrecy of your PIN. Do not lend your Card and PIN to someone else. Do not leave your Card in/at the ATM.
4. Keep your Card in a safe place. Treat your Card as you would cash. Report a lost or stolen Card to us at once by calling 813.247.4414.
5. Prevent others from seeing you entering your PIN. Shield the transaction area with your body or hand.
6. Mark each transaction in your Account register. Keep your receipts and compare them against your account statements.
7. Be aware of con games. If anyone asks you to withdraw money for any reason, leave the area and contact the proper authorities.
8. Upon completing your transaction, retrieve your Card and receipt, and leave the area at once. Do not count or otherwise visually expose any money received from the ATM.
9. Continue to observe your surroundings for any suspicious persons or circumstances such as anyone following or approaching you.
10. Always maintain a safe distance between you and any stranger. If you believe that you are being followed, you should go to the nearest place where there are people and contact law enforcement authorities.